Friday, February 1, 2013

CHD Awareness

Today starts CHD Awareness Month. This is the story of my 2 (almost 3) year old CHD daughter.

On March 23rd 2010, Tempest came into the world. She was so adorable with her head full of hair and squishy cheeks. From the outside, you couldn't tell anything was wrong with her. Upon a closer look, she was diagnosed with a Bicuspid Aortic Valve, a Patent Foramen Ovale, and a Patent Ductus Arteriosus at 1 day old. Of course all these words I couldn't even pronounce scared the Hell out of me. Why couldn't they just tell me what was wrong with my baby in English?!!! Luckily none of these required surgery, just careful monitoring till something happens. Not sure if that was supposed to make me feel better, but it didn't. My little girl was a ticking time bomb. Just waiting for one of her CHD's to knock her down. It will be 3 years since her diagnoses & we've been blessed that she has not had any problems. It may be broken but she will always have a beautiful heart.
I am proud to be called a CHD Mother.

Please help me in supporting and spreading awareness of CHD Babies, by taking (copy/save) one of these photos and sharing with your family and friends. Thank you!











No comments:

Post a Comment